Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mighty green things

Apricot tree sprout

I can hardly believe I only planted this apricot tree 2 weeks ago. This is the same tree that's in the last post.

Husband has been working on getting rid of an old circular horse-training type thing. He's dismantling it since we don't have any plans to get horses and we can reuse the railroad ties in other projects. We've had a lot of rain lately so it was a good time to get the railroad ties out. He had the idea to strap them to the bucket of the tractor with a chain and pull them out. I was a little wary of this plan but it mostly worked quite well.


2 comments:

altjo said...

That was fun to watch. The tractor (and Dean) did alright...

Lana J said...

Yeah, it was easier than I imagined it would be. If you noticed the camera bouncing a couple times that was me jumping when I thought something was going to crash.